Please read the following carefully to understand our practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. We have put in place a number of measures to ensure that any personal data we obtain from you visiting this website and applying for credit is processed and maintained in accordance with accepted principles of good information handling and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
Your privacy and security is of the utmost importance to us. The information you provide is stored within our secure systems.
USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
You have the right to know how we will use your personal information. We will only collect and store information about you, with your consent.
The information we collect about you will be recorded electronically and may be used in the following ways:
- To enable us to consider your application for a loan or other product or service and to contact you in connection with your enquiry.
- We may collect and store information and data we obtain from third parties such as credit and fraud prevention agencies and other data bases to seek or verify information, including your identity, with a view to offering credit or other products to you.
- We may use and update the information held about you for the purpose of administering your agreement, to protect our interests including locating you and to recover any amounts you owe us.
- We will use your information to manage your account (including contacting you by SMS text where you have provided your mobile phone number to us), and whether to make further credit available to you, to undertake periodic statistical analysis or testing to ensure the accuracy of existing and future products and services.
- We will keep details of any credit/debit card used to repay your account on our Group Database and use these details, if you ask us to do so, in relation to payments due under any other agreements you may enter into with us.
- We may pass information about you and your agreement to anyone we have appointed to help administer your agreement or to recover amounts owing or to anyone to whom we transfer the agreement.
If you have been referred to one of our websites by one our Webgains affiliates (please see www.webgains.com for further information) a cookie is stored on your computer for 30 days and will record whether you subsequently make a loan application during that period. After the 30 day period has elapsed, that cookie will be deleted. This is an analytical cookie and allows us to monitor whether you make an application following a referral from our one of our Webgains affiliates.
This site takes every precaution to protect every user's information. When any sensitive information is submitted via our site, that information is protected both online and offline. Information collected via our application form is sent via the best encryption software in the industry: SSL. While SSL encryption is used to protect sensitive information online, we also take every measure to protect your data offline. All user information, not just the sensitive information, is restricted in our offices. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (Customer Representatives, for example) are granted access to personally identifiable information. Furthermore, ALL employees are kept up-to-date on our current security and privacy practices.
SHARING YOUR INFORMATION
Sometimes we will share your information with carefully selected third parties that we trust to act in our customers' best interests and who treat our customers' information with the same stringent controls that we apply ourselves. We may share information for the following reasons:
- If you have given your consent by choosing not to opt out, we may share some of your information with carefully selected third parties so that they can provide you with information about products and services that may be of interest to you.
- We may share your information with third parties when we believe it is necessary to comply with the law or protect our or another person's rights, property, or safety. This includes exchanging information with third parties to protect against fraud and reduce payment risks including credit reference and fraud avoidance agencies.
- If there is (or is to be) any change in ownership of our business or assets then we may wish to share your information so that the new owners may continue to operate our business effectively and continue to provide services to our customers. This may include new shareholders or any organisation that might take an assignment or transfer of any agreements we have entered into with our customers.
RETENTION OF YOUR INFORMATION
We will keep your information no longer that is necessary. However:
- We will keep the information we need to enable us to provide you with the service that you have requested for as long as it takes us to provide that service.
- We will keep your contact details for as long as we have your consent to send you marketing information and/or pass your contact details to third parties.
- We will keep records of any transactions you enter into on this website for a minimum of six years. This is so that we can respond to any complaints or disputes that arise in that period.
- We will keep other information about you if it is necessary for us to do so to comply with the law.
USING YOUR INFORMATION FOR MARKETING PURPOSES
We may use your information in order to select and tell you about products and services available from us or from other companies in our group which may be of interest to you and we may share your information with them for analysis, for marketing purposes or so that they may contact you about their products or services. We may pass your information to agencies conducting market research for us.
SwiftSterling.co.uk and its group of companies, affiliates, partners, and third party service providers may also use the applicants' collected information to offer similar products or services that may be of interest to the applicants by email, postal mail, telephone and mobile phones.
You have a right at any time to ask us not to contact you for these purposes. You may send an email to us at customercare@SwifSterling.co.uk if you wish us to stop.
TRANSFER OF DATA OUTSIDE OF THE AREA
Countries in the European Economic Area (EEA) are required to have a similar standard of protection of personal data. This is not always the case outside that area. We may transfer personal data outside the EEA (including to our associated companies in Canada) and will ensure before we do so, that there is adequate protection as required by the relevant Data Protection legislation.
YOUR RIGHT TO ACCESS YOUR INFORMATION
You have the right of access to your personal records or other information that we hold about you. The charge for this service is £10 for each request.
- If any data or information we hold about you is inaccurate or out of date then please let us know and this will be corrected immediately. You can be deleted from our databases. Please note that this will not delete information held about you on other third party databases or information, which we are required to hold for legal or regulatory purposes.
- To revise your consent, access, amend or delete your records you should contact us at customercare@SwifSterling.co.uk
Some telephone calls may be monitored or recorded for the purposes of maintaining and improving our service standards or for training our staff.
Click here to read a guide to the use of your personal data.